
Today the Spaniards celebrated Sant Jordi day. A day when the men give their lady a rose and the women give their man a book. Sant Jordi is more highly regarded than Valentines Day and throughout Barcelona, particularly in La Rambla the celebration provides a vibrant and uplifting atmosphere.
Television and Radio personel also congregate towards La Rambla to broadcast the celebrations and I also physically ran into a celebrity for the first time since I´ve been in Europe. Well he wasn´t really a celebrity it was an ex politician that was walking throughout La Rambla to promote his goodwill. Surrounded by police and security guards I was curious to know who this man was. I didn´t know so I just took a photo just for the sake of it.

With the warm weather the atmosphere was truly positive, with streem drummers and musicians all contributing to the celebrations.
The celebrations were also made more extravagant with the Champions League semi-final between Barcelona and Manchester United. Numerous amounts of Man U fans marched chanting there songs throughout the streets. Barcelona fans also returned to show their support with their own songs and dances. But when it comes to the English they definitely know how to make the most out of their songs and definitely have an edge with their tunes.



No comments:
Post a Comment