Barcelona, is located within the world renowned Costa Brava. The Costa Brava is regarded to be the best coast line along Spain and arguably one of the best in the Mediterranean so we were excited to see what the beach of Barcelona city was like.Arriving in Barcelona it had taken a few long enduring winter months until Katrina and I saw the beach for the first time. Come mid July & August I can imagine the beach as being one of the big party destinations of the city with hot weather and the vibrancy of the city picking up during that period. But being mid April the beach did provide a nice and enjoyable warm Spring day. It was slightly too cold to go swimming but relaxing on the beach with a icy mohito, which the girls had was quite relaxing and rejuvenating after all the extensive walking we had been doing for the past few days.
During Barcelona's peak summer tourist season the beach is also home to many backpackers that decide to spend a cheap night sleeping on the beach. As the sun begins to set at around 10pm during the warms summer months sleeping on the beach is the popular option. As budget backpackers or beach goers that previously had a big night swarm to the summer beaches of Barcelona to sleep so to the thieves. There are endless and countless amounts of stories by such traveler's of whom a vast majority have had possessions stolen right before them as they slept.Such traveler's much adhere to some deep heavy sleep as walking on the thick small stone/dirt beach is quite loud.
The beach of Barcelona is a long flat beach, destined to hold large rave beach parties. The waters flat with no waves, and the sand is wide accompanied by scattered beach cafe bars. There's also the usual money maker offering massages to sunbathers soaked in coconut oil baking in the warm Mediterranean sun.
Just like Valencia a street of the beach there are some run down areas which is quite surprising for 'close-to-the-beach' property.

While Katrina and Mona took their time relaxing on the sand deck of beach bar Brad and I ventured off to another renowned skate park of the city.The skate park at Lacuna beach is more fitted towards freestyle bikers rather than skaters. Fitted with a few ramps and an obscure shaped bowl a couple of feet deep. While at the skate park I watched a bmx biker stack it pretty hard,
but he got
back up to do it all again. It's what ramps are all about.Taking photographs on my own that day allowed me to contemplate life and gather thoughts about who I am. It was something that I had needed for a while and haven't been able to do for a long time. A hobby of mine while I used to do art was to write and read poetry. Hard and deep poetry that used to make one think about themselves.
I guess thats what I've missed about doing art and am grateful for this opportunity to do so.
Barcelona beach isn't a bad place. Would be much better but yet over populated during the summer months. Coming from the Gold Coast though, a beach is a beach.
No comments:
Post a Comment