
I don't really know much about human anatomy but this day proved to be most educational one in my life. There were so many things of the human body that I didn't know and seeing the muscle groups and internal organs preserved in statue form made things even more interesting.
The bodies in the exhibition display are incredible to see. Knowing that the each organism on display are created actual human specimens makes looking at them more intriguing. From looking at each individually preserved body or preserved organ it makes you begin to comprehend that the human body is intricate and complex network of nerves, cells, bones, and muscle groups that work simultaneously at any given moment in time to perform even the most simplest of tasks.
Looking at some of the displays can be quite disturbing but with the amount of effort put behind them to preserve and educate people, you begin to respect the artistry and science of the museum. One of the most impressive of which, were the nerve and veins of the lungs which has been highlighted with a fluorescent colour which made it look somewhat like giant broccoli.
Unfortunately in the exhibition I wasn't allowed to take any photographs even though inside I saw numerous amounts of people taking photos and recording some of the displays.
After information overload though and a new insight into the functions of the human body I was mentally exhausted from the museum. Yet the Museum is extensively beneficial towards the understanding of how complex we as humans really are.
No comments:
Post a Comment