Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Alicia Keys in Concert

My first ever trip to Sweden was an unforgettable experience. Although bitterely cold, Stockholm is one of the most clean and capturing cities I´ve been to.

After traveling most of the day by a 1 hour bus ride to Girona then 3 hour flight to Stockholm, Sweden, I was buggered. Being sick for a couple of days beforehand didn´t help in the experience either. My tailbone was still sore from when I originally Sat on Katrina´s mobile phone almost three months prior.

When we arrived in Stockholm all I wanted to do was rest. Katrina kept on persisting that we go out with one of her friends that night which I rejected in someway as I wasn´t feeling to well. In the end I decided to come along but with the way in which I was feeling I wasn´t the most enthusiastic of people to go to a club or bar. It got to the stage where I told Katrina that she could go without me as my ass was hurting so much from sitting down for so long.


As we walked to my surprise Katrina had actually organised a gift for me. We walked into the main entertainment centre to watch Alicia Keys! The story of meeting one of her friends out was all a ploy to surprise me. Surprise me it did and to have someone go through all of this as a gift for me was truly unforgettable. Having someone go through so much effort to provide an ever lasting gift is such a touching experience.

It was the second time that I´ve seen Alicia Keys in concert and ever since I saw her the first time in concert in 2004 I´ve continuously raved on about how good she is in concert to Katrina. Again she lived up to the reputation and had actually improved dramatically as a performer and entertainer. This time around Key´s provided more of a show rather than a small gig in which I saw her in the small confines but well seated Brisbane Lyric Theatre. Accompanied with more lighting, dancers, and a larger her skills in playing the piano and her live voice are what stole and made the show.

Her voice live is incredible and her solos on playing the piano resemble that of classical pianists from early last century. Her voice potrudes so much passion and expression that you feel her integrity through her music. One of the rare artists that you can feel in that way in this day and age. If you ever get the chance to see Alicia Keys live then I highly recommend it as you´ll see one of the best R´n´B voices live for this era of corporate money generating model wannabe singers.

Walking through the entrance of the Entertainment Centre they have some big named musical artists come up to the northern hemisphere. It surprised me as coming from the bus from the airport Stockholm seems so isolated in the northern part of the world.

No comments: