This was the first time I have ever scene anything to do with royalty. Actually I don´t know what these guards were guarding. I didn´t know what the building was but it must have been something important. I just read in a brochure that the changing of the guards is a tourist attraction of some sort. Since Katrina and I were in Stockholm that weekend we thought we might aswell watch it as it was only a few K´s away from where we were staying.I think it was about 3 Degrees while we waited. Waiting infront of the Palace it was raining, cold, windy, all the conditions you could think of not to be outside. But I guess being in such conditions, you need to experience while in Europe as this is everyday living here for a few months of the year.
The guards here are more relaxed and not as uptight as the ones in Buckingham palace, well I´ve never been to Buckingham palace but its what Katrina told me. The guards here at least smile and look around while on duty. They still do the straight legged walk which I don´t know why is so typical of guards on duty.
The Changing of the Guards was a good experience and it was good to see how much it meant to the new guard. Watching the Changing of the Guards you can see the pride through their body language to represent something of such stature. It´s admirable to see people pride themselves in what they do.
No comments:
Post a Comment