Thursday, March 20, 2008

Finished My Spanish Course

After 6 weeks in the waiting I have now completed my Spanish course and I'm so thankful that it's over. What began as excitement with studying the language soon eventuated to boredom and resentment of having to go to class.

Studying the language I felt I was learning more off the Internet than I was at class. I spent 2 hours of my day sitting in class not understanding what they were talking about and guessing my interpretations of what they were saying through body language and what everybody else was doing.

Since the class was entirely in Spanish I had a lot of difficulty in understanding what they were saying so after class I'd usually read about what we learned in class on the Internet where it was explained in English. It was at that point where I'd understand what they were talking about in class. I think about 90% of my time spent in the class was in my dictionary breaking down every word, every sentence that was spoken.

After it all I've learnt the basics. When I get a chance I'll read up on and revise over what we've learned to get me by but I don't think I'll go back. I'm enjoying and having a lot more fun in Barcelona now that it's all over. I'm appreciated my time here a lot more now and enjoying just having the chance to think of what I want to do and where I want to be.

Katrina has done really well with her Spanish and I'm so impressed with how much and how fast she's learned. Wish the same could be said for me. She's really inspiring in that way.

So now I dream and I dream of big possibilities.

No comments: