There are a multitude of reasons as to why I haven´t travelled beforehand but I´m glad to have experienced all the things I had achieved beforehand.
Leaving is a sentimental thought as it feels as a new beginning. Leaving a secure job, which paid quite well and had promise in a fulfilling career. Friends, which have grown into a strong circle. Kung Fu & Tai Chi, which had become a big part of my life the last few years. Family, which what I hold most. In a way there were so many reasons to stay. To stay safe. To live a promising career. But in the end I´ve always lived by 2 things. To leave behind a legacy, touching someones life and being remembered for being a positive influence in there life. The second to experience things that money can´t buy. To experience a particular moment that I wouldn´t be able to experience again.
The later, was the stronger of the two for me to leave. I´ve always lived a safe life. With family and friends always on the Gold Coast, I had never been in a situation of not knowing which direction to go. It is in those situations where people tend to learn most about themselves. Just like what people experience and learn after a long term or strong relationship break-up.
I guess in a way I learnt a lot of my last break up, which originally compelled me to travel. Not to escape the situation but to learn more about life and the world. One of the biggest influences was when I watched a DVD Series just after my break up called ´The Long Way Round´. The Television series with Ewan McGregor and a friend Motorcycling around the world. It was when I saw that documentary that there was so much of the World that I had yet to experience. So much rich culture that I had yet to be delved in.
I originally had an idea almost 3 years ago with a really good friend, Shen, to travel down the coast of Australia eventually making it to the coast of the South Australia to see the Apostles (I think that´s what they´re called). That idea never eventuated. But there would be a time that I´d like to experience travel like that. Maybe in the future sometime.
It´s been just over 2.5 years since that dream and its finally arrived. Leaving everything behind to experience something new. What the travel will bring, I don´t know but what I do know is that I will think a lot differently when I return from when I leave. Packing my things for travel makes you realize how much of your belongings you really need to survive. How much of your belongings truly mean something to you.
For now lifes journey begins....
No comments:
Post a Comment