A few days after we landed we visited our small neighbouring town called Sant Cugat. It's a nice peaceful little town with brick laid streets and an historic monumental church.The town is somewhat reminiscent of a vampire movie if you were to see it laid at night with small brick laid streets and low residential floor buildings.
Absolutely everybody that we encountered didn't speak English, which pinpointed the necessity to learn the language as soon as possible.
One thing that I did discover though is that Barcelona have the best Hot Chocolates I've ever had. None of this Milo or Chocolate Powder with milk stuff, here you actually get a cup of Melted Hot Chocolate. Kind of sickening after a while but one of the best things ever on a cold day.
It was the first time ever that I've come across a castle like church. Passing by you can see the grand scale of strength behind religion. The streets here are incredible. An alleyway that you would normally assume is reserved for walking is actually a two way lane where cars surprisingly come out of no where.
Coming to the town, it was the first time Katrina and I had ventured out of the home to see what the culture is like in Spain. It was the first time I was to encounter lunch time in Spain. Lunch consists of a break between 2-5, which Katrina and I were in the middle of. So we walked around what could have passed as a Ghost town where people were scurrying away for lunch.
I did see a small house covered in Sea Shells. It's inspiring being in a city with so much creativity. What would otherwise be a waste of time idea ended up being a pretty creative design. If this was a small town. I couldn't wait to see the landmarks of Barcelona.
For the Murillo Family we've cemented our names in this town. There's a street sign with our name on it.
Click here to view gallery
No comments:
Post a Comment