After some mentally exhausting months organising and finalizing things for our trip we´ve finally made it Bacelona, Spain. The land of high fashion, historic architecture, master pick pocketers, no car parks, scooters... never seen so many scooters in a city before.
Here is little journal of the flight over.
Hong Kong
After spending 9 hours in Flight we arrived in our first stop over Hong Kong. Flying there, I overdosed on really bad plane food and bad tasting coffee so I felt like throwing up after we landed. A few days beforehand I sat on a Mobile Phone that went between my ass hitting my tailbone really badly. I thought I broke my tailbone at the time and thought I was going to pass out or throw up from the pain. Even doing a number 2 hurt.
HK is a bustling metroplex city that amazed me when I saw buildings still being constructed by Bamboo scaffolding. We only spent one night there and it was one night enough. Our bed felt like a plank of wood and Katrina and I paid for the most expensive dinner we´ve ever eaten. A US$60 all you can eat buffet, which included two not so great plates of who knows what. I almost had snake soup until Katrina told me to read carefully of what I selected. That was after I had ´Deer´ by accident.
There´s so much happening in Hong Kong though particularly as the ´Olympic City 2´is being built there. Travelling by Train through the city you can definatly see the Economic differences of the people. There are some really upper class areas and there are some really undeveloped areas. All of which is an unforgettable experience. The airport was the biggest I´ve ever seen after my little brief inexperiences of Coolangatta, Brisbane, and Sydney airports.
Germany
From Hong Kong we spent 11 hours on a flight to Germany. I saw snow for the very first time... outside of the plane window that is. I don´t know what country we were in but we flew over some really remote landscapes of snow. Passing little towns in the middle of nowhere, which were covered in snow. It´s really inspiring to see the conditions that some of us can survive in.
Another long flight of bad food but the Quantas flight over to HK was luxurious compared to the Lufthansa flight. I sat, squashed next to a big old guy that smelt. Sitting there trying not to rub shoulders in the circumstance that there would be some misinterpreted gay tendencies being shown.
Arriving in Frankfurt, Germany I didn´t notice it until now but not many Germans smile to much. It might just be an Airport thing but everybody seemed to Grimmace or have a blank face when you show them a smile. That was the only thing I can say I experienced in a 3 hour stopover in Germany.
Barcelona, Spain.... to be continued.
No comments:
Post a Comment