Thursday, January 24, 2008

Meeting the Family

We arrived in Barcelona, Spain at approx. 11:00pm. We were greeted at the airport by the family we´ll be holidaying with here for the next few months. The couple are a humble and generous couple continuously offering to provide us with tours, and showing us around. They´re a beautiful couple and very warming. Exiting the airport we went from around 30 degrees on the sunny Gold Coast to 7 degrees. I loved it!!! Hoping that it would get colder but it will warm up within the next few months, which I´ve been told get just as hot as the Gold Coast surprisingly.

Driving to our new home for the next few months from the Airport, life seemed completely different. Inside I just had a different feeling in my stomach as if everything that I once thought of in life was going to be different. I guess it was the thought of being in a foreign country whereby english wasn´t the primary language. But in the end that all adds towards the excitement.

The House

Tired we arrived at the home just before midnight. The home is very nice our room is quite cosy. The bed felt so good compared to restless sleep sitting upright in a plane.

We woke up the next morning and spent the day just wondering around the house. The kids of the family went to school that day so we just settled in and looked up intensive Spanish courses in Barcelona. Looking through my Lonely Planet book there´s so much to experience in this vast historic country.

The house though is very nice and spacious. With a huge Plasma TV. ´NBA.com´ never looked so good on such a screen.

The Kids

There are 4 kids in the family. All of which vary between the ages of 8 and 2. They´re a sugar fueled, loud bunch of kids but adorable at the same time. They seem to cry very easily though, but I guess all kids do at that age. I´m teaching one of the boys how to play basketball and he seems to be loving it. Every afternoon he wants to go outside to play some ball. I can´t complain.


The Dogs

Katrina´s fallen in love with their dogs. They´ve got two labradors. I think one of them must have been pumped with hormones because he´s huge. They´re only around 8 months old and this dog could pass for a lion its that big. Katrina said I´ve got a bit of competiton against this dog as now she´s grown really fond of him and wants one. The female dog seems to be jealous and seems just as energy fueled as the kids jumping around. Pretty cool watching the dogs. They seem to have domestics between them or it could be mistaken for them playfighting... or even something else as they´re always rolling around and biting each other.

So at the moment Katrina says I´ve got competition against the dog named ´Doc´ and ´Jack´ from Lost. We´ve gotten into that show as the family have the entire series for us to watch in English. It´s the only show we can watch in English at the moment. Never used to like Lost until we´ve started watching it from the very first episode. We´re a bit behind everybody else as Katrina and I are only up to Episode 8, Series 1.

No comments: