Thursday, January 24, 2008

Barcelona First Time

We visited Barcelona city for the first time. A bustling metroplex city of scooters, shopping and unbelievable architecture. Walking through the streets you can definitely see the difference in culture. The way people dress, the way people hold themselves.... well I do admit it was 14 degrees under the shade so I guess that could have effected that from the current 30 degrees of the Gold Coast.

Walking through the streets for the first time, the realization that I'm a long way from home finally settles in.

Shopping... Walking & more Walking

For all the guys that are planning to take their girl here that are reading this. Be sure to bring some rollerblades, a skateboard, a bike, or something to get you around from shop to shop. There's plenty of high fashion stores that Katrina loved and we walked through enough to make my back and legs sore. It was still fun... the clothes aren't too bad but then again there's some to make you be in debt for a long time. But I do admit though the clothes are a lot better here than they are back home for the same price, I was enjoying looking at all the clothes which is rare.

If I could I wish I could have bought Katrina so many things and provide so many things for her that at this moment I can't. I hope to some day.

La Rambla

We walked through the busiest section of town during the day and most probably night too. La Rambla. Through this street you'll find the biggest mixture of culture you'll ever find within the same confinement, a hole heap of market stalls, drawing & painting artists, street performers & hustlers, and tourists. It all adds to the experience. Just have to be careful of thieves, scammer's and pick pocketer's that according to everybody and everything I've read are scattered throughout the street. It all adds to the experience I guess.

I was excited to see a couple of official FC Barcelona stores. Had to get a photo of me infront of one for the folks back home.

Didn't get to see too many monuments though. I'll have to pace them out and see them one at a time I think. But I saw enough for that day, so too did my legs. Didn't end up spending anything that day which was surprising but there's plenty of time to shop later. I might just save that for an Asian country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ed, its Nat chings friend. Jo gave me the link to your little site here and i think its awesome. I loved reading it and i think it is very inspiring. You are taking some fantastic photos too. Hope you guys have an amazing time. take care.