Monday, February 11, 2008

Spanish Class Progress

¿Hola que tal?

I haven´t written in my journal for the past few weeks. Studying español intensively for 4 hours per day was a lot more harder than what I originally imagined. I guess thats why they call it the ´intensive´ classes.

It´s the first time I have ever studied a language and it is the first time I´ve ever been introduced to learning another language entirely in Spanish. I expected to learn things and have it explained in English but its not the case here. For the past two weeks I´ve been interpreting everything through body language and looking up every word with every sentence up in the Spanish-English dictionary.

Last week I changed to the part-time course as I´ve had difficulty in absorbing and interpreting the way things are translated from english to spanish.

The classes are quite small in size and in numbers. Only 10 per class but it´s more personal and we learn a lot better in that way.

I´ve transferred over to the part-time 2 hours per day day classes now. All I can say is that they´re a lot better and I´m able to absorb a more. As there is less content in the class and more time for me in the day to study I´m able to absorb what we´re learning. I´ve got my second class today so we´ll see how it goes.

It´s interesting meeting the other students and hearing of their stories. There´s so much life and the world I have yet to experience. Who knows where the next year will lead us.

No comments: