Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Granada... for 2 hours

After a relaxing few days in sunny hot tanned girl city of Malaga, Katrina and I caught a bus ride to Granada. We originally planned to stay in Granada for a few extra days but that had to be shortly changed after noticing that cheaper flights to Milan were available just a couple of days beforehand. Not spending a few days in the high mountain ranges of Granada was something that I regretted as it was quite spectacular to see. After going through 32+ degree temperatures in previous towns we departed the bus shivering. Winds from the snow capped mountains brought a cool but refreshing breeze to the city. We were so cold that I had to get my ski jacket out for a short period. I guess that’s what’s so fascinating about European countries. You can go from extreme hot temperatures to snow within just a few short hours.

But unfortunately with our short stay until our flight all we saw of Granada was the Bus Station and a small Café next to it where we grabbed a quick lunch. But what we could look out to from that café was the Sierra Nevada. Those mountains must be high for it to snow up there. Maybe one day I’ll venture up there. But I guess we were planning on Switzerland and Norway to look forward to. So it didn’t matter to much if we missed these mountains for now.

Next up Milan, Italy....

No comments: