Thursday, June 05, 2008

Tibidabo

Today I ventured up to Tibidabo. The highest point in Barcelona city. Well it looks like it from a distance anyway. If you´re ever in Barclona and see a hill overlooking the city with a castle like church on the peak of it than that is Tibidabo.

Catching a bus line up the hill of Tibidabo it´s definitely well noting that this is the hill for the wealth. The streets are decorated with grand mansions where the difference between an office building and a mansion can easily be mistaken. There are also a few modernista buildings along the streets that aren´t well noted in tourist guides so the trip up the mountain is well worth it.

Once at the top of the hill I caught the tram line to the church. It set me back €3 for a return ticket so the experience must have to be worth it for the treck to get there. Once you reach the peak the experience is worth it. Traveling there I listened to the ´Into the Wild´ soundtrack while day dreaming of possible adventures to come when I travel on my own.

Visiting Tibidabo on my own today I had to set up my tripod to take pictures of myself just to say that I was there. People passing by couldn´t help but laugh as I would set my 10 second timer and run to the spot hoping for a good shot.

Being by myself inside the church though I took the opportunity to pray. It had been a while since I last prayed and with the life contemplated feeling that the church inriches in you, I couldn´t help but do so. I felt so clear afterwards and I´m so grateful that I did take the opportunity to do so.

The view from Tibidabo are truly incredible and if you ever have the chances of traveling to Barcelona it´s well worth the trip. I was too povo to pay the extra €2 to go to the very peak of the Jesus figure that sits a top of the church almost like the one in Brasil but at a far smaller scale.

I had a nice day on my own though as I was able to think to myself and experiment more with my cam, which has become a bit of a hobby lately.

No comments: